Shades of pink, blue, and off-white are elegant and becoming increasingly common. For the daring and non-traditional, black or red are also stand-out and memorable.
A dress with sleeves does not have to scream winter or ultra-conservative, especially with an open back. If you are concerned about being too warm, consider a second dress for the reception.
For a rustic wedding, consider a vintage dress. The lace, beading and satin of an a vintage dress are sure to stun guests. Reuse a relative's dress, or search online or at a vintage store. Purchase right away rather than contemplating, the odds of the dress not being there again are high!
Brown Street Studios
Skip the trinkets that will end up in a guest's miscellaneous drawer!
The best favors are gifts that one can never have too many of...
- Wine stopper
- Small potted plants, such as succulents-seeds are great, yet are more likely to go unused!
- Or can be consumed immediately...
- Cold brew or coffee grounds
- Candy-consider handing out "his favorite" and "her favorite" candy bars!
- Mini alcohol
- Hangover kits!
- Cotton candy and popcorn makers
- Kissing booth
- Tickets for carnival games
- Save the Date "tickets"
- Beer on tap
- Guests sign a football
- Bob for apples
- Queen of the Night Tulips
- Hay bales
- Hot chocolate and apple cider
- Sunflowers, succulents, orange Dahlias