Aside from what dates are available...what are the nitty gritty things you need to be asking?
1. How many people can this location accommodate?
Some venues will give an unrealistic occupancy number to make the space more sellable. Be sure to request a diagram of the space set up to make sure it is comfortable for your guests
2. How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable? What's the payment plan for the entire bill?
3. Is the site handicap accessible?
With booking your venue far in advance there is uncertainty on this. Some of your guests may fall victim to injury and need accessibility that you did not take into account
4. Are there any construction plans before my wedding?
This is important, many venues will plan for expansion and cause your venue to not be the same as when you had booked
5. What is the service charge, tax, and hidden charges?
Do not be surprised by hidden charges, make sure that you are aware of all of these before you sign your contract
6. Do you offer onsite coordination? When are they at the event and what are they specifically responsible for?
It is important to have everything in writing to protect yourself incase anything were to arise.