As families continue to grow and change, you may be wondering how to incorporate certain relatives into your ceremony and reception. Although step-parents do not need to have the same level of involvement as your parents, they still play a crucial role in your life.
1. Invite them to your bachelor/bachelorette party, engagement party and/or bridal shower.
2. Bring your stepmom dress shopping with you, as long as this does not interfere with the relationship with your parents.
3. Include their names on the wedding invitations.
4. Have each parent and step parent host their own table of family and friends, rather than sitting at the wedding party table in the front.
5. A small gift, such as jewelry, is appropriate for both the biological and step-parent of your spouse.
Planning ahead and keeping open lines of communication for both sides of your family is the best way to avoid conflict, make everyone feel important and involved, and lower your worry and stress on your wedding day!
Brown Street Studios
Michelle Martin Photography
Shannon Z Photography